To help raise money for our important programs, the Gilpin County Education Foundation holds two events annually. View our sponsorship levels here: Gilpin Education Foundation Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Thank You to Our 2022 Event Sponsors!
Alan Green Memorial Foundation
Gilpin County Commissioners
Scholarship Dinner Fundraiser
Saturday, April 23, 2022 @ 6:00pm
Tickets SOLD OUT!
Location: Ameristar Resort & Casino, Black Hawk, CO
Keynote Speaker – Peter Droege grew up in Central City, where his father operated the Central City Micro Foundry at the current location of the Dragon Tiger Casino (originally Johnny Z’s Casino) on Lawrence Street. His family also operated a Dulcimer Shop, Old Time Photo Shop, and Coffeehouse of St. Cecilia. His family spent a lot of time at their home/property in Colorado Sierra. Peter was the founding editor of the Colorado Gambler newspaper, as well as the Rocky Mountain News Gaming Guide. He later served as editor of the Denver Catholic newspaper. He currently oversees grant making in the areas of Disabilities, Education, and the State of New Mexico for the Daniels Fund, a $1.5B foundation established by Bill Daniels, a pioneer in cable television. The Daniels Fund also operates the Daniels Scholarship Program, which has awarded scholarships to a number graduates of Gilpin County High School. He is on the Main Street Commission in Central City, and on the Belvidere Theater Foundation. He and his wife own a home on the Casey in Central City.
Student Speaker – Josh Trujillo, 2018 Gilpin Graduate and Scholarship Recipient. Since graduating from Gilpin County High School, Josh has been pursuing his degree in Aerospace and Defense and Additive Manufacturing at the School of Mines. He will graduate this year. Josh was recently in national news for saving a dog’s life after it was buried in an avalanche.
Your ticket includes a three-course dinner and wine. The 2022 dinner menu:
- Artisan Rolls and Butter
- Lolla Rossa, Oak and Frisee, Cherry Tomato, Shaved Carrot, Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad
- Herb Roasted Half Chicken
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Heirloom Baby Carrots, Madiera Chicken Jus
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with fruit
- Red or white wine
All money raised from the annual Scholarship Dinner is granted to graduating seniors attending post-secondary school (university, technical school, or community college). Since 2012, we have given out over $62,000 in scholarships to Gilpin County students.
Golf Classic Tournament
Friday, August 19, 2022 (tentative date)
Location: Evergreen Golf Course, 29614 Upper Bear Creek Rd, Evergreen, CO 80439
- 7:00 am Registration
- 8:00 am Shotgun Start: 4 Player Scramble
- 12:00 pm Lunch, Awards, Door Prizes
- Individual Registration – $125 (Green Fees for 1, shared cart)
- Foursome Registration – $500 (Green Fees for 4, 2 carts)
- Platinum Sponsorship – $2,000 (Green fees for 4, 2 carts, maximum event signage)
- Gold Sponsorship – $1,000 (Green fees for 4, 2 carts, event signage)
- Silver Sponsorship – $500 (Green fees for 2, 1 cart, event signage)
- Hole Sponsor – $250
- Green Fees for 18-holes
- Golf Cart
- Awards for flight winners
- Goodie Bag
- Prizes for Longest Drive, Closest to Pin, etc.
Registration & Online Payment Options will be available soon.